Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered, Q+A may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
If you purchase Q+A’s products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to use when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
Q+A collections and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
Q+A may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available form Q+A and its affiliates.
If you live in California, click here to view Your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act and/or opt out of any collection or selling of personal information.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Q+A does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Q+A may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases your unique personally identifiable information (email, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. Q+A may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Q+A, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Q+A may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Q+A or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Q+A; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Q+A, or the public.
Tracking User Behaviour
Q+A may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within Q+A, in order to determine what Q+A services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Q+A to customers whose behavior indicated that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Q+A. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Q+A website.
The Q+A website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is places on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issues the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Q+A pages, or register with Q+A site or services, a cookie helps Q+A to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Q+A website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Q+A features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Q+A services or websites you visit.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal users that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
Q+A does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, Q+A may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Q+A or clink on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via an email from Q+A, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE button at the bottom of the email.
Changes to this Statement
Q+A welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Q+A has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Q+A at:
Ellipsis Brands LTD
Unit 7 Station Court
Effective as of March 15, 2021